Friday, May 30, 2014

Why working as a janitor strengthened my testimony.....

I am currently employed basically as a janitor of a call center. Although the job is not the most enjoyable or glamorous, I am grateful for the time I get to spend by myself and reflect daily. Yesterday I was cleaning the men's restroom (which always is the worst part of work). I began to notice throughout the course of this week that the women's restroom was always much cleaner than the men's. At first I was super annoyed that men couldn't clean up after themselves. Then I began to think about how it is God's law for men and women to get married. Many would say that it is a coincidence, but it is honestly such a divine and perfectly executed plan. Just as women need men to support and protect their families, men need women to nurture and care for theirs. Cleaning re-iterated the Plan of Salvation to me and made me remember how important not only marriage, but eternal marriage is for us. I love how I am quietly reminded that the gospel is the best thing that I could be doing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment