Monday, March 17, 2014

California

So, I recently went back home to California. I didn't really have anything TOO special planned, but I did know what I wanted to happen.  However, the closer the day approached, the less likely it seemed that I was going to see Mike. Things are not always what they seem though.  I woke up at 5:00 in the morning and got ready to head home. The whole flight I kept arguing with myself in my head about whether or not Mike was going to be able to make the trip out to California by Saturday to be able to see me. I kept thinking, "what if he's at the airport?" but then I would assure myself that I was just getting too excited. Little did I know what he had been planning for over a week and a half. I get off the shuttle and start looking around for my dad. I don't see him anywhere, so I start heading towards the escalators. Just as I'm about to get on, I hear my name. I almost didn't turn around because it wasn't my dad. But, for some reason I did. There I see Mike holding up a sign with my name on it. I could not have been more surprised and happy.

After that, he drove me home where I got to surprise Westley. He thought I wasn't going to be able to see his musical, but I flew home for him. Over the next few days, Mike and I spent time together visiting friends and family, laughing, eating at some of our favorite restaurants, and relaxing with each other. It was by far some of the best surprises of my life and I would never take it back for anything. Here are a few more of the pictures from our time together.





We had so much fun together and are looking forward to the upcoming Spring semester where we will get to spend much more time together.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so glad everything went so well. Thank you Bill and Amy for allowing me to pick up your daughter and trusting me to take her home. She's an amazing girl.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for more future surprises! I love you Allison!

    ReplyDelete