Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Magic Moment

At work, it is my job to make the little girls feel like princesses. Today, the roles were unintentionally reversed. I was unloading a train full of people. And just as I do with any train, I welcomed them back, asked them to watch their step, directed them towards the exit and reminded them to grab all their belongings. To my surprise, a little girl looked directly into my eyes and said thank you. But not just in the "it's the right thing to say" kind of way. She was so grateful for the wonderful time that she had on our ride. Then to my even greater astonishment, she wrapped her arms around me and gave me what felt like the biggest hug a little girl could give. It made me so happy to see that parents are raising their children to love one another and appreciate what others do for them. It also goes to show that we are all living this life and we can all help one another and live life together, or be completely miserable and live life alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment